Divisions 3 & 9
1.2 Environmental Conditions
- Deliver Acrylic Ad-Mix 101® to job in original containers with seals unbroken.
- Materials Storage: Protect Acrylic Ad-Mix 101® from freezing.
- Air and surface temperatures must be above freezing during application of Acrylic Ad-Mix101®.
- Bonded assemblies are unaffected by water.
- Integral Bonding Agent: Acrylic Ad-Mix 101®, Larsen Products Corp., Jessup, Maryland.
- Surfaces to receive Acrylic Ad-Mix 101® modified mixes MUST BE STRUCTURALLY SOUND AND CLEAN, free from loose material, dust, dirt, oil grease, wax, loose paint, mildew, rust, laitance or efflorescence. Surfaces with form releasing agents, curing compounds, hardeners and sealers must be compatible with Acrylic Ad-Mix 101® mixes. For areas embedded with grease or oil, sandblast to clean surface or remove with a concrete cleaner and conditioner. Smooth, steel trowled surfaces should be scarified.
- 3.2.1 Thin Cement Toppings
3.2.2 Application of Modified Portland Cement Plaster (One Coat Work to Concrete)
- For portland cement/sand toppings (1 inch or less), use one part Acrylic Ad-Mix 101® to two parts water. Mix to the proper workable consistency for troweling. Do not use a high speed mechanical mixer because this will entrain excessive air. Place the topping mix using a steel trowel, and spread to desired thickness.
3.2.3 Application Over Masonry Surfaces
- Use one part Acrylic Ad-Mix 101® to three parts water and stir well in clean container before adding to dry portland cement mix (no lime is needed in the mix). Dampen surface to reduce suction, then apply the modified portland cement plaster to a total thickness not to exceed 3/8″.
- Follow mixing instructions. To prevent masonry joints from shadowing through the finish, apply a thin dash or scratch coat of modified portland cement plaster, allow it to take up, and double back to the full 3/8″ thickness for finish.
LIMITATIONS: DO NOT USE WITH HIGH EARLY STRENGTH CEMENTS, AIR ENTRAINING CEMENTS, AIR ENTRAINING ADMIXTURES, or with cement containing self-bonding adhesives. DO NOT PLACE FINISHES OR PATCHES AT TEMPERATURES BELOW 50 DEGREES F, or when temperatures are expected to fall below 40 degrees F within 24 hours. When high temperatures prevail with rapid movement, cover surface with wet burlap. Acrylic Ad-Mix 101® fortified mixes are not suitable for use over surfaces dried with wax base curing and parting compounds.